Hey, it’s a long time that I posted something from inside..
I thought of posting about some of my craft projects last weekend but I was not able to do because of HIM..
I woke up at 8 AM on Saturday and completed my weekend house hold chores and started thinking about my new post ,framing what to put but not able to write as MANIA of him was in peaks in my home..
Since Nov 14-2013, my husband is keep on watching him , listening to him, speaking about him, dreaming about him , posting about him on Facebook and finally broken out for him.
Wondering who is that.. I think many of you might have guessed HIM already.
A 40 years guy wearing Indian Jersey with ‘Number 10’ but placed Indian Cricket in world’s first position..None other than Sachin Sachin !!!!!
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar, Uff what can I say about him, With growing interest and passion towards Cricket for Indians, Sachin means everything. Famous Quote that we can see in stadium when Sachin is Playing
If Cricket is Religion, Sachin is GOD !!!
Sachin, Little Master or Master Blaster was born on Apr 24, 1973. Initially he was interested in Tennis idolising John McEnroe . It was his brother Ajit who introduced him to Ramakant Achrekar a coach at the age of 11. He then moved to Sharadashram Vidyamandir (English) High School as per coach advise. This is the turning point for Sachin a right hand batsmen but a left hand writer.
Ballboy to Badshah– Sachin served as a ball boy in 1987 Cricket world cup when India played against England in Mumbai ,and in 2013, He is GOD of cricket !!!He had an unbroken partner ship of 664 runs with Vinod Kambli in an inter-school competition in 1988. He scored 326 (not out) in the innings and you know he scored zero runs in his first two ODI’s. Do you believe it?
Note : Badshah is just used for rhyming and it has meaning like emperor…NOM..:)
The most important thing about Sachin ,he has never shown his emotions in the field , It may be a century or a duck. He always respected Cricket. He always played it for INDIA not for centuries or records. As it means everything to him.
- 463 ODI matches scoring 18,426 runs with 49 Centuries and a highest score of 200. OMG!!!
- 200 Test matches scoring 15,921 runs with 51 Centuries and a highest score of 248..OMS!!!( Oh My Sachin)
Sachin Debut’s and Last’s :
- ODI debut Vs at Jinnah Stadium, Gujranwala, Pakistan
- Last ODI Vs at Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur, Bangladesh
- Test debut Vs at National Stadium, Karachi, Pakistan at the age of 16
- Last Test Vs at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, India at the age of 40
- Twenty20 debut Vs at New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Last Twenty20 Vs at New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg, South Africa
Sachin’s records :
- Involved in India’s highest run-scoring ODI partnership with Rahul Dravid as the pair put on 339 against New Zealand
- First player to score over 15,000 ODI runs.
- Becomes the highest run scorer in Test cricket, passing Lara’s previous mark of 11,953.
- Scores the first double century in one-day international history, hitting an unbeaten 200 against South Africa.
- Becomes first batsman to hit 50 Test centuries.
- Becomes the first man to score 15,000 Test runs during Test series against West Indies.
- Scores his 100th international century in an Asia Cup match against Bangladesh, the first player ever to do so – This was much hyped century.
- Sachin stayed as highest runs in the world cup and stayed in first position following by Ricky Ponting. He is the highest centuries scorer in world cup. Dhoni’s team fulfilled Sachin’s dream of world cup in 2011 and dedicated this victory to Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar!!!
- India won 200th test match of Sachin against West Indies but India lost Sachin..
I am tired of mentioning Sachin’s records.. 🙂 and the list continues…
- 1994: Arjuna Award Recipient for achievements in cricket
- 1997/98: India’s highest sporting honour – Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna
- 1999: Padma Shri – India’s fourth highest civilian award
- 2008: Padma Vibhushan – India’s second highest civilian award
- 2014: Bharat Ratna – India’s highest civilian honour – A perfect Icing on the cake – Indian Government anounced this after Sachin’s Retirement from Cricket and this is the first time Bharat Ratna is awarded to a sports person.
Apart from being a great player, he is very down to earth and never had any disputes with fellow cricketers..Most of current Indian players are very happy as they shared dressing room with little master. He is also very good inspirer for the team during critical times by motivating the team.
Most of the things mentioned above were told by my husband to me.. 🙂
Finally the moment came, when Sachin is saying Good Bye to Cricket after a long 24 years of journey and people are not willing to accept cricket without Sachin!!! Final match from Sachin Tendulkar , If India Wins, India loses…
Here is the final speech from Sachin in Wankhede Stadium on Nov 16,2013 before retiring from Cricket. And you know, In his 24 years of cricket life, for the first time he touched the crease before he start playing his last test match as a symbol of saying thanks for giving him a wonderful life..
He started his speech saying “My life, between 22 yards for 24 years” and tears rolled out of my husband’s eyes but he somehow managed to cover before me..You can read the text of his speech here
Note : Let me know if tears are not rolling in your eyes when you are listening to his speech..I don’t think anyone will tell me that
One among the best things in the speech , “The memories you have left with me will always be with me forever and ever, especially “Sachin, Sachin” which will reverberate in my ears till I stop breathing”
Never ever happened in Cricket history – Have you ever seen or heard of a standing ovation for an opponent team player . Here it is
People are still in Sachin’s MANIA and think about his retirement but it was all over and we have to come over it. Come on Sachin fans, Sachin started his new life and here is the first interview from Sachin after retirement. Wish HIM a good luck!!!
Sachin with Anjali(wife), Sara(Daughter) and Arjun(Son) .. Beautiful Family.. 🙂 …Sachin is all for you now… 🙂 😦
That’s it guys..An End of an era in Cricket History!!!!!
I like to dedicate this post to Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar for his wonderful contribution to India for 24 years and also for each and every sachin fan. I am very happy that I was in same generation of Tendulkar and watched him playing live!!! Long Live Sachin!!!
OMS(Oh My Sachin)!!! How can I miss him when I am talking about sachin’s great fans. Here he is
Sudhir Kumar Chaudhary a great fan of Sachin and Indian Cricket team who will be seen in all home ground matches of India wearing Indian Flag colours on his body and waving an Indian National flag. Sachin requested BCCI to provide tickets to him for all the home ground matches and he himself provided him entrance tickets for many matches..How great he is..That is why we are proud to say that we are Sachin fans..
At the end, I just want to put some famous quotes by/about SACHIN!!!
“Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there is something we don’t know, something beyond scientific measure. Something that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that, forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom. When he goes out to bat, people switch on their TV sets and switch off their lives.”
-British broadcasting corporation (BBC)
“I can be hundred per cent sure that Sachin will not play for a minute longer when he is not enjoying himself. He is still so eager to go out there and play. He will play as long as he feels he can play”.
-Anjali Tendulkar, Sachin’s wife
“Sachin is a genius. I’m a mere mortal.”
-Brian Lara, West Indies batsman who holds record of highest score in cricket.
“I’ll see god when I die but till then I’ll see Sachin.”
-A banner during a match in Sharjah.
“I have seen god. he bats at no.4 for India.”
-Mathew Hayden, former Australia cricketer.
“Commit all your sins when Sachin is batting. They will go unnoticed because even the lord is watching!”
-A banner in UK.
“There are two kind of batsmen in the world. One Sachin Tendulkar. Two all the others.”
-Andy Flower, former Zimbabwe cricketer.
“We have started calling him grandfather.”
-Yuvraj Singh, Sachin’s team mate for over a decade.
“If you try to hit a six, I will hit you on the bum.”
-Sachin Tendulkar warned Virender Sehwag when he was on 295 at Multan against Pakistan.. Sehwag hit a six to reach first triple century by an Indian!
“I have sometimes worn a baseball cap, a beard, spectacles and a wig not to be noticed.”
-Sachin, on how he dodges fans in India.
“I am glad it does not breathe.”
-Sachin, on his wax statue at Madame Tussauds in London.
“I would go to bed having nightmares of sachin dancing down the ground and hitting me for sixes.”
– Shane Warne – Australian Cricketer
P.S : All the images are from Google and the information is from different sources.