Hello everyone !!!
I started blogging for the first time and this is my first blog.. 🙂
I need to mention few things before I jump in to the topic..
I must say that I was so impressed, I read all her posts in one day!!!
I hope this post helps for working women to manage their daily activities smoothly which makes their life easy..
“Good morning is not just a word, its an action and a belief to live the entire day well. Morning is the time when you set the tone for the rest of the day. Set it right! ~ Fain Blake”
1) Start your day pampering yourself!!!
Make all the preparations before night that you need once you wake up from the bed so that you can pamper yourself by snoozing your alarm for 2-3 times. For 5 minutes , Be silent, Get all the positive energy from sun, air and your atmosphere. I know it’s a difficult thing to spend some time for yourself doing morning walk, meditation or yoga. But pre-preparations for your breakfast and things that you need to take care gives you ample time to take care of yourself and start your day brightly. For 30 mins at 3 to 5 miles an hour pace or 6 to 12 Surya Namaskara(Sun Salutation) is the best thing that you can gift yourself everyday(As women likes gifts..why not to gift yourself 🙂 ) Listen to some soothing music while workout which makes your mind peaceful.By this time you will be ready to face the challenges!!!
2) Breakfast – Make it Simple
Second thing in the morning that makes women worry is Breakfast for family. Plan breakfast for all the days in a week on before Sunday and prepare all the ingredients on weekends. For Eg. like Idly, Dosa, Upma, Maggi, Oats, Bread Omelette, Corn flakes with nuts and fruits, Bread Toast, Poha ( As I am an Indian, mentioning mostly Indian breakfasts). Make it simple on weekdays but let your dear ones know that are you making it simple to manage (Saturday and Sunday are exceptional.. 🙂 )
Uff..most time consuming thing for women is selecting outfit for the day :(. Keep your outfit, make-up, lunch(if having oats, cornflakes, fruits) ready before night which will make it much easier to get out of the door on time.
With Day-to-Day life, we will not be able to remember everything. Thanks to Smart phones..:) for providing us many apps that will remind us about anything. Make a reminder for everything like grocery shopping, paying bills(electricity, rent, water). Most importantly have a reminder to pay credit card bills , EMI , premiums which we often forget as they are not frequent.
Some of the Apps are listed below (I may review them later in detail)
Life Reminders , MyReminders – To remind you.
5) To-do list
Weekends are the days when you get time to prepare for the coming week. So a well planned weekend can make the coming week to be easier to manage. Prepare a To-do list on Saturday morning that you need to do. This will make the weekdays not to be hectic as you have everything ready before hand.Some of the activities from my to-do list:
Laundering, Ironing, Preparing batter and chutneys for next week breakfast, Cleaning house, Vegetables shopping, Groceries shopping and mostly have some time for you to rejuvenate with DIY masks, visiting parlour, getting manicure or pedicure done.. 🙂
Any.do , Wunderlist – To make a to-do list that you should do on weekends or during shopping.
Dinner is the thing which we cannot compromise. Have your dinner early so that you have time to prepare for next day. Have all the vegetables or fruits cut and place them in air-tight containers so that they will be fresh for next day breakfast or lunch.
5) Being Healthy
For a healthy family , women should be healthier. Take some time to check your health conditions. Have a medical check-up at least once in three months. For women working in IT, I know it’s difficult to sit for along time.
- Take frequent breaks.
- Drink lot of water.
- Take stair-case instead of lift.
- Install an app in your PC or laptop which reminds you take breaks( As we forget them if we are loaded with full work). I personally use PC Work Break ( Downloaded from here) which reminds you about stretches, breaks, walking , eye exercises with some animations. Most important thing is you can customize it as per your convenience.
- Have some moderate exercises every day.
- Try to do it yourself ..grocery shopping,vegetable shopping instead of online/door delivery(Personal opinion, If time constraint look for some door delivery options).
- Plan some outdoor trips to escape from the hectic schedules.
- Have a hobby and try to do that in any circumstances which will make you focused.
It’s a good idea to share work with others which helps both the parties.
- Have a friend with whom you can share vegetables shopping. One week you can buy for her and the other week she can do for you. It saves time for both.
- If you have children, you can form a group with your neighbours, friends or colleagues who have children and each one can drop on one day( round-trip basis). It saves all of your time. But be cautious when you have the responsibility of handling other children.
- Sometimes you can share it with your partner to do some house-hold chores like laundering, watering plants.
Before I wrap up this post, I like to put a tip for women(I don’t mind even if men follow.. 🙂 ), this will continue in all my posts.
DIY Mask ( Tomato and Honey)
How to prepare :
- Put 1/2 cup of Tomato in bowl and add 1 to 2 tablespoons of honey( based on your liking to honey consistency) and mash it with a spoon to get the consistency required to apply.
- Wash your face before apply, dry it off and apply the mixture to your face and neck areas.
- Leave on for 30 minutes or Keep it until you feel the tightness in your face which is because of honey.
- Wash with lukewarm water and finish it off by rubbing an ice cube over the applied area so that the pores are closed.
- Touch your cheeks and feel your skin..WOW is your feeling…Right?
Tomatoes have this fabulous cooling element which smooth skin, while at the same time removing black heads (because it is a natural astringent)!! The Vitamin C&A help to brighten that dull skin, and help restore that youthful skin.
Honey contains gluconic acid which helps to loosen bonds between dead skin cells, which in turn is going to make it easier to remove dead skin cells. Honey also helps keep moisture in your skin which can help restore and increase elasticity and stimulate collagen production.
Finally, I was done with my first blog.. 🙂
It’s time to request readers/bloggers :
Please let me know your feedback/suggestions in comments section which will help me to improve myself and please follow my blog!!!
And also let me know if you find this blog useful or if you following any of the above mentioned.
Bye for now,